Monday 2 April 2012

A vent a day, keeps divorce away...?

I am willing to bet that most of you have been frustrated with your husband/partner for at least a moment or 2 today. Some of you have probably had a big argument over him not using the right setting on the washing machine or over whose turn it was to change bub's poopy nappy. A few of you might have had screaming matches and some may have just given him the silent treatment. Whatever it was, you are not alone.

No matter how much you love your man, there are always going to be times when you just want to kick his lazy butt! But this doesn't make you any less of a wife/partner - it just makes you real. I am not going to lie - there have been times when I have looked forward to my husband going out bush. But I still always miss him and am happy to have him back (and he probably looks forward to getting away from me!). Sometimes, the best thing we can do is to let out our frustration to someone else. And on occasions, the only avenue we have to do that is through Facebook. Now I agree that there is a difference between having a harmless vent and airing your dirty laundry and I think that as a general rule, most women I know abide by that. I know so many of us feel better after being able to let it out. I was once watching an interview with one of my favourite musicians. He said that he always gets asked why his songs sound so sad, angry and depressing. His answer was that when he was down or had a problem, his way of dealing with it was to let it out through song. If he was happy, he went out and enjoyed being happy and he didn't want to waste that time by writing about it. His angry songs didn't mean he was an angry person, just has having a vent about your husband/partner doesn't necessarily mean you have a troubled relationship. I think that if there is anyone out there that thinks their relationship is perfect and doesn't have anything to vent about, then they are only lying to themselves. I don't envy them for their so called 'perfect relationship', I just feel sorry for them.

Ugh. I better go an clean up what whatever mess my husband has made while I was writing this!

Until next time,

C.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think we share the same mind...totally agree with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i really like your blog, the last few posts are great, love all the different types of Army wives, haven't found one i fit in to. I agree, i leave the old "i'm an Army wife" title until a good conversation has started, it's not my opening line. I've lived on base, off base, all over the country, it's a fascinating life & i never join groups, perhaps that is what keeps me sane??
    I could not agree with you more about new wives, wonder if they kept quiet & opened their eyes first, don't they realise the damage they do to their husband's careers & reputations by being such pests. You didn't catergorise the wives who call their husbands at work 5 times a day, clearly they are not infantry. Now i feel old, married long before FaceBook & mobile phones, yikes. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS very difficult to get angry with a husband who is never home, he's pretty tidy every 9 month deployment to Afghanistan!! I'd MUCH rather his mess & him being home. This is not just because he's away, it's 18 years of loving & missing him. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Posie Im with you. My hubby is on his 3rd rotation in Afgahn and missed so much.

    I get the frustration of fighting with a hubby, drives me nuts but now and again I would like to see his mess amongst mine and the kids.

    ReplyDelete